Diploma in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (DELTA)
Deepen your knowledge and understanding of English language teaching with Delta, an advanced blend of theory and practice that will help you to develop professionally. It gives you skills and techniques that will help you throughout your career.
Delta consists of three modules, which you can take together or separately, in any order and at any time. It’s a flexible, modular qualification – you study at your own pace, and the practical elements take place in your own workplace.
Delta is for teachers with at least one year’s experience. It’s suitable for teachers in any context, working with any age range – young learners, teenagers or adults. You have the opportunity to focus on a specialist area of study.
The qualification shows that you can:
• have a good understanding of language acquisition, systems and skills
• have a good understanding of methodology and approaches to teaching, learning and assessment
• understand and can apply the key principles of syllabus design and course planning
• negotiate and persuade effectively at senior management level in international business settings
• can reflect on your current beliefs and practices as a teacher.